Many attorneys and law offices have built their websites using WordPress, because it’s easy, intuitive, and fast. Along with tens of thousands of other WordPress users, attorneys are welcoming the latest WordPress release, v5.7, launched on March 9th. It’s the first release of 2021.
Almost one third of the Top One Million websites in the world are WordPress sites, according to TechJury.net. In addition, more than 400 million people visit 21.2 billion WordPress pages every month. That’s a lot of visibility!
Many Law Office Websites Are Built on WordPress
All smart attorneys, in addition to law offices large and small, have websites that promote their services and share their credentials with potential clients. And many have built their websites using WordPress, because it’s easy and intuitive and no coding is necessary.
That’s why we wanted to share with you some of the features and functionality delivered in this new WordPress release. Following are a few highlights. (We’ll close with a few more interesting factoids about WordPress in a moment.)
Highlights of WordPress Release 5.7
- Easier font size changes. The new editor enables you to change font sizes in the List and Code Blocks rather than navigating to another screen.
- Blocks are rocking now. Easier-to-use Reusable Blocks now automatically save when you click Update. You can drag Blocks, and Block patterns, from the inserter directly into your page or post. And you can make a Block fill the entire window for a really impressive display.
- Buttons are friendlier. Now you can select a horizontal or a vertical format, and set the width of any button to a preset percentage. And you can easily change the size of social media icons, too.
- Enhanced accessibility by default. New default color choices meet accessibility standards seamlessly. A simpler color palette offers seven core colors and 56 shades that contrast well against white or black for even better accessibility.
- Instant website security. If you have a non-secure website (HTTP), you can now switch to a secure website (HTTPS) in a single click and WordPress will update URLs automatically. HTTPS is now the de facto standard for websites.
- Other updates serve to enhance images, more easily load iframes, and make jQuery functionality smarter and more subtle.
If you’d like to learn more, WPBeginner offers a good look at the new features and functionality of WordPress release 5.7.
More Facts About WordPress
Now, as promised, here are a few more statistics about WordPress.
- As of 2021, WordPress is powering almost 40% of the Internet, up from 35% last year and 31% the year before.
- Each month, over 400 million people visit websites that are built with WordPress.
- Nearly 28% of all eCommerce happens via WooCommerce, a customizable, open-source eCommerce platform built on WordPress.
- Every day, an average of 661 new WordPress websites and 281 new WooCommerce shops appear on the Internet.
- Some 50,000 plug-ins are now available from WordPress.org.
This Legal Edge Services website is built on WordPress! Is your website?